Are you an international student joining us at one of our colleges?
On this page, you will find information on the 2017/18 international student course fees.
All costs quoted are per year, price per second year may change.
- English as Foreign Language (EFL) - Fees to be confirmed. This is a one-year course, based at Reading College
You have a choice of three routes to get to university-level studies:
- International Foundation Programme (IFP) - Access to university - £12,500
This is a one-year, Level 3 programme. You can study this course at City of Oxford and Reading College.
- A-levels- £8,500
This is a two-year, Level 3 programme, available at City of Oxford and Reading College.
- Diplomas (BTEC extended) on all subjects. £6,300.
This is a two-year, Level 3 programme. Available at all our colleges.
The Higher education programmes available through our Activate Learning colleges are:
- Higher National Diplomas (HNDs): £7,500.
Two-year, Level 5 programmes, available at all Activate Learning colleges. They are equivalent to Year 1 and 2 of a BA Hons degree.
- Foundation degrees: £8,000.
Two-year, Level 5 programmes. Also equivalent to Year 1 and 2 of a BA Hons degree. Our foundation degrees are only available at Banbury and Bicester College.
- BA (Hons) degrees: £8,500.
A one-year, final top up programme at Level 6 (to follow a HND or Foundation degree. Our BA (Hons) top up programmes are only available at City of Oxford College.
Important information about fees
- The full-time international fees include exam and the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies fees (one CAS only). We will pay for the first CAS but any other CAS certificates you require will be chargeable.
- Material fees are not included. Additional material and course trip fees can amount to up to £350.
- Fees quoted are per year. Price is correct at the time of going to print, although price for second year may change.
- Insurance should be taken out to cover course fees in the event of failure to start or complete the course. See our website for details.
- Please contact the International Office for information on bespoke, professional and short or part-time courses.
- Options for part-year study and additional subjects include: Business English, IELTS, Cambridge exam preparation, etc.
Information about your deposit
If you are successful in obtaining a place on one of our courses, we will send you an offer letter with details of the deposit required and any conditions related to your offer.
For all courses, a deposit of 50% of the course fee for the first year is payable. If a confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is required, there will be an additional non-refundable charge of £21 (as of April 2015.)
You will need to sign and return your offer letter and send it to us with your deposit payment. We recommend that you keep copies of all forms sent to us, in case of postal problems. Your deposit will need to be paid as soon as possible, because we can only send you the appropriate visa documentation once your payment has cleared our bank account.
Terms and conditions
We will consider refunding your fees only in the following cases:
- If you supply UKVI visa refusal documentation (with the exception of refusals for submission of fraudulent documents.) Please note that a non-refundable element of £200 plus CAS charge applies.
- If your course is cancelled by the college.
- We suggest that insurance is taken out to cover fees paid and expenses incurred. Visit our website for more details.
You must inform the college as soon as possible if you are unable to commence your studies or if you wish to defer your place (deferment is at the discretion of the college.) If deferment is accepted, additional course costs may be required if the fees have increased.
It is your responsibility as an applicant or student to ensure that the correct visa application is made, covering the whole duration of the course. To start the course, you must arrive at college, with the correct visa, by the course start date. Find out more about immigration regulations.
Course fees must be paid in full on or before enrolment on to your course.
For any queries about the above, email the International Office.