Our services are available to all students on a higher education course at an Activate Learning college who feel they need support. We offer a range of advice, support and guidance for HE students, including:
- Working with programme coordinators to ensure that students are appropriately supported
- 1:1 meetings with HE support team to discuss individual support needs, including reasonable adjustments. For example, extra time in exams
- Small study skills workshops
- 1:1 study skills support and study mentoring
- Support and guidance for students applying for Disabled Students Allowance funding
- One-to-one flexible support, specific to students' needs. Our team will work with students on a one to one basis, to help them make the most of their studies
- Screening for specific learning difficulties (dyslexia). A full diagnostic assessment can be arranged if appropriate
- Referral to the Sensory Impairment team
- Individual programmes of support can be arranged to enable students to have equal access to their chosen course. Contact Chrissy Robertson on 01865 551998 for further information.
For information regarding mental health issues, please contact Chrissy Robertson on 01865 551998.
HE students can contact our team during these hours:
- Banbury and Bicester College: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am-3pm
- City of Oxford College: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9am-5pm
- Reading College: Tuesday and Thursday, 9am-5pm
Email: HEsupportservices@activatelearning.ac.uk for more information.